Login / Join

Activity Feed

Topics awaiting your insights

Aaron Levine – Group Product Manager, Strategy at Genentech – Responded to Consult Request:

Paid Consult - What Is The Future Of Bio-Tech?

Advisor response: The future of biotech is strong, if there is true innovation pursued. Despite some political and public pressures on pricing, there will continue to be a growing demand for biotech products, in particular to treat hard-to-treat serious disease with products which are more efficacious and with (on average) more tolerable side effects. Oncology and immuno-oncology will continue to be the largest investments, but we'll also see investments in other serious unmet disease states that have been hard to move forward in the past. A couple examples are in large opportunity areas such as neurology (e.g. MS; Alzheimers); as well as in rare diseases. We'll also see increasing investments in the blending of biotech and devices - such as devices which provide gradual release of a product over time; or a combination molecule which has biotech product and chemo, for example. I hope this has been helpful- please feel free to follow up with further questions.
Nehul Malhotra – General Manager - Business at Paytm, Indian e-commerce and payments Industry expert, McKinsey alum – Responded to Consult Request:

What Does Digital Actually Mean?

Advisor response: Digital means non Analog
Askvisory Research – Askvisory Admin – Wrote this point of view

Global Outlook 2015

The global economy can expand into 2016, as long as financial stress does not rise further and emerging market countries avoid a major slowdown
Kevin Groves – Cloud Engagement Manager at Cloudreach – Responded to Consult Request:

Big Data Use Cases - Are Companies Really Using It?

Advisor response: Some good use cases stretch across many different verticals, from Oil and Gas, Digital Media and Life Sciences to Finance and insurance risk. Some possible scenarios include: - Finding the possible cancerous cells in your blood using a massive data sample with some big compute and further analytics - Finding the possible gas pockets to drill into based on binary data from field technicians being sampled and then fed into a big compute application hosted in the cloud, then taking the output and using things like AWS redshift or Some Azure analytics tools to generate more useful mapping and reporting to make informed decisions. - Many more In short enterprises and smaller companies use big data to make more accurate and informed decisions.
Askvisory Research – Askvisory Admin – Wrote this point of view

Gartner Key IT Metrics 2013

Clients improve business performance by benchmarking their spending and best practices against our IT performance repository, the largest in the industry, drawing on 5,500 IT benchmarks a year. Complexity and demand elements should always be considered within the context of a performance evaluation as they are the most fundamental drivers of a cost profile. Annual IT Application Development and support investment is roughly 35% of total IT spending. 52% of that investment is for new development projects while the remaining 48% is for maintenance of existing systems.